Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 51 of bed rest... 22 weeks 4 days pregnant

Wow... this almost 80 degree weather is amazing!

Sorry I forgot to post on Friday and posted late last night. So I'm into my 51st day of bed rest now and into my 22nd week of pregnancy. Amazing that this bed rest stuff all started at 15 weeks.

It was a great weekend. Saturday night Jacob took me to Gerst Haus in Evansville. It was yummy and then he treated me to Orange Leaf... I didn't even have to ask :) It was so great to get out the house. Even got to do a little grocery shopping with Jacob on Sunday. It feels so good to stretch my legs and walk a little :)

Got a great report at the doctor yesterday. The clot is looking thinner and Baby Boy is doing great. I know I'll have at least 2 more weeks of bed rest though. They are wanting me to get to at least 24 weeks before lifting any of my limitations. According to data years 2003-2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive.

So I'm guessing I'll be on some form of bed rest until at least 26 or 27 weeks.

I'd do anything for this amazing baby boy! Which is why I cancelled my trip to Florida :( Sad but ok. Especially ok when the weather is so amazing here in Evansville!

I've started to feel baby boy a little, I think. I feel little kicks or something every once in awhile. Nothing consistent yet but totally amazing to be feeling him.

Thank you everyone for your support, thoughts, and prayers! This baby boy is so loved already by so many. I can't wait to tell him the stories of how loved he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment